Thursday 26 April 2018

25th April 2018–Warialda

Anzac Day

Distance: 354 km
Fuel: 37 L

Stopped in Tamworth for food and a toilet break! Maccas was the only place open.

Tamworth Golden Guitar

Then in Manilla to watch two up in the main street - unfortunately I forgot to take photos. Tried to do the same in Barraba and Bingara but they had detours in place which took me too far out to walk back. Every little town and settlement had some event at the local club or war memorial as I drove past.

On the Road to WarialdaOn the Road to Warialda

At Warialda the council run caravan park was on the highway so easy to find. There was no office just a number to ring; I was told to pick a site and he would be along early evening. Small caravan park but plenty of room.

Warialda Caravan ParkWarialda Caravan Park

Found the local IGA was open and nearby bought fuel then drove around town but while it looked a nice enough town there was nothing outstanding about it.

Warialda Court HouseWarialda War Memorial

Next door to the caravan park is the sports ground. I presume the local footie team is called the ‘Wombats’ (well, I think it is a wombat)

Warialda Wombats?